Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Impressions of Emily

Since the "deChristmasing" is over (and let me tell you how depressing that was", I thought I'd share with you some photos of my 16 year old dancers' bedroom that I redecorated right before the holidays began.


She had a few requests...




1 - That the wall were painted "Tiffany Blue......"



2 She wanted a vanity for makeup and hair. And of course the mirror had to be big enough to dance in front of. This mirror came from mom. I painted it chrome to match other accents in the room. Its great lighting!




3- She wanted a place to hang out with friends. I moved her bed under the window, horizontally and placed 2 upholstered storage ottomans in front for extra seating for her friends.












4 (and most importantly) - She wanted a dancers theme.










Emily has danced for 5 years and wanted her room to reflect who she is and what she's accomplished. I took her most recent competition photo's and copied them in black and white, framed them out with white matting and balanced 5 of them on her wall over her dresser.


Her room was a lot of fun to decorate. Teen bedrooms are all about drama and this one has its share. See my next post in a couple of days when I did another dramatic teen bedroom and as always....




Thanks for visiting!




Ann

0 comments: