Saturday, November 13, 2010

WHAT MY DAUGHTER TAUGHT ME

"I have a daughter who is going to medical school next year, the economy seems to be in a permanent state of crisis and instability and my husband's job is ever changing. But my creative muscle will not stop itching and I finally decided to scratch it...hard..."

Let me just start by saying that I am not am impulsive person. I think, overthink then second guess everything in my life. From which can of tomatoes to buy, to where to place one single chair to….should I stay or should I go.

In May, my daughter had a cancerous tumor removed from her gland and underwent 2 surgeries. Something happenes to you while you are sitting in a surgical waiting room, waiting as they open up you daughters' face, sew it back together and hand her back to you, slightly recognizable and incoherant and wrapped in bandages. Life has a way of putting things into perspective really quick.

We pray. We keep praying… and giving thanks, of course. We know it will get better if we keep trying. We remain positive because we will be better. She will get better!!!



Guess what? It does.




I drove by the most exclusive subdivision in Macomb Township, I impulsively walked into this amazing home being built. As I stood in its amazing kitchen I looked out the window, I think I stopped breathing for a second. There it was….the unbelievable view I've been looking for. I started imagining furniture, paint, flooring, staircase trim and, “Lord Jesus look at the fireplace!” I walked in every room 6 times. I stopped back into the kitchen to check out the view

again and again and again.

OK. Enough said. We bought the house. An incredible - I can’t believe its mine…PROJECT?? How can we possibly do this? I mean just last year we were counting nickels. I’m selling shoes. REALLY? SHOES? I’M A DECORATOR! I’M CREATIVE! WHAT AM I DOING?? I’M NOT EVEN A “SHOE PERSON!




What my daughter taught me…

Life is full of its ups and downs. Sometimes more downs than ups. We muddle through. We tell ourselves that it could always be worse. We stay positive even when we don’t want to, just as my daughter did throughout her ordeal. But we remain positive!! By the way, this week I finally found a great job. NO MORE SHOES!!!

When we get nervous, one sister makes a pot roast while another fixes a computer or someone else’s life.

Me? I find a decorating project. AND BOY DID I EVER!!!




0 comments: